The first Brain Aneurysm Support Group was started by Deidre Buckley, RN, NP Clinical Coordinator for the Brain Aneurysm/AVM Center at Massachusetts General Hospital in 1992. The group continues to meet monthly and provides patients and survivors with educational tools and emotional support needed to cope with this condition. The goal of support group meetings is to help alleviate fears and concerns through education and group discussions. Discussion topics include origin of brain aneurysms, treatment and prognosis, recovery and coping with the "new" you.
There are many additional Brain Aneurysm Support Groups around the country, and in Canada, and we constantly strive to establish more groups to reach more people. If you have an interest in organizing a support group in your area, we will work with and assist you in that effort and post meeting schedules and details in this section of our website. Please click here to learn more about starting a support group in your area.
Please contact email@example.com for additional information, or if you would be interested in becoming volunteer or a support group coordinator.
Brain Aneurysm Support Groups
Click on a support group for more information and meeting schedules.
New York, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania
- Long Island Support Group
- Syracuse Brain Aneurysm Support Group, Syracuse, NY
- New York Methodist Hospital Brain Aneurysm Awareness Group, Brooklyn, NY
- New York City Support Group
- Eastern Long Island Brain Aneurysm Support Group, Stony Brook, NY
- Brain Aneurysm Support Group, Buffalo, NY
- Aneurysm/AVM Support Group at Capital Health Medical Center, Pennington, NJ
- Aneurysm/AVM Support Group at Virtua Voorhees Hospital, Voorhees, NJ
- New Jersey Brain Aneurysm and AVM Support Group, New Brunswick, NJ
- Philadelphia Support Group
- Western Pennsylvania Chapter of the Brain Aneurysm and AVM Support Group, Pittsburgh, PA
- Goodman Campbell Brain and Spine Aneurysm Support Group, Indianapolis, IN
- Madison Area Brain Aneurysm and Stroke Support Group, Madison, WI
- University of Illinois Hospital & Health Sciences System Dept of Neurosurgery Support Group
- Chicago Northwest Suburban Brain Aneurysm Support Group
- The Neurosciences Institute at Central DuPage Hospital Brain Aneurysm Support Group, Winfield, IL
- The DuPage County Brain Aneurysm Support Group, Hinsdale, IL
- Twin Cities -The National Brain Aneurysm Center Support Group
- The University of Michigan Brain Aneurysm and AVM Support Group
- Tri-State Brain Aneurysm Support Group
- Brain Aneurysm Support Group, St. Louis, MO
- Post Brain Surgery Support Group, Springfield, MO
- Brain Aneurysm Support Group, Kansas City, KS
- Ohio Brain Aneurysm and Awareness Support Group, Columbus, OH